Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Blessings of Motherhood

It has been 9 weeks since our new little man has entered our lives and things are going so well - in a chaotic, sleep-deprived sort of way. I have been so blessed with the time I have had at home with Jadyn and Malakai. I am deeply reminded over and over again of our Father's love as I just cherish the small blessings I experience with these little squirts. Some days in the midst of my exhaustion I am ready to pull my hair out and I beg Chad to watch the little stinkers while I make a simple trip to the grocery store just to have some alone time. Nothing more refreshing than pushing a cart through the veggie aisle at Lance's. (ha!) I think to myself - I can only take so much crying, nagging, and cleaning little tushies . Then upon my return home I can't help but smile at these beautiful little people that have been placed in my care and I am reminded of God's grace and unconditional love. No matter how much we whine about life, disobey, and do things to hurt others - He still welcomes us home with open arms and more love than we can ever imagine. I don't know if I ever truly understood that until I became a mother. And now with two, I have experienced it even more!

No comments:

Post a Comment