Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Rest!


Back to work. After a wonderful two week vacation, I was back to work on Monday. During the first week of our vacation, Rob & I took David & a friend to Mammoth Cave, KY and the Smoky Mountains in TN. We had a chance to camp along this amazing stream. I found myself watching it all the time - it was so incredibly restful. I would sit by the stream and think of nothing, absolutely nothing (which if you know me is really difficult)! I will admit it, I am a workaholic. I find great satisfaction in working. But even I reach a saturation point and need a rest (especially after the 3 weeks of of preparation for VBS)! I find that I have an easy time working but a really difficult time resting so my goal this vacation was resting - and I did! Successful vacation!

"By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work." Genesis 2:2

No comments:

Post a Comment