Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Little Children


Read this posting from Dana Alford on Facebook and thought it was worth sharing!

"I took Kritter on the Prayer Walk yesterday. It was a beautiful day just to walk, but I saw so much more! Even though he’s only six years old, he shows a lot of spiritual maturity!

I explained the reason for the walk was that we were going... to pray for our community. He seemed excited! As we walked, he would ask me to pray first and then he would pray over the houses and businesses and ask God to bless them.

When we got to Eastbrook South, Kritter asked me to pray over his school. When I finished, he turned towards the ball field across the street and started praying and asking God to “please be with the football players, the soccer players, and baseball players. And the coaches and the parents that come to watch. Keep them all safe!” Once we passed Ivanhoe’s, without being asked, he started a prayer for them! “God bless all the workers and those who come in to eat”.

I appreciate the opportunity to walk and pray for my community, but I am also excited for the chance to teach my son the need of prayer. We are looking forward to the results of our prayers….and the faith of a child."

Mark 10:14
... "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these."

No comments:

Post a Comment