Sunday, September 26, 2010

New Perspective



Have you ever driven the same route so many times that you know every house, tree, barn, landmark, etc... by heart and could describe them in your sleep? But, change one dimension of that daily routine and my how things change! That is one of many things I love about prayer walking - my perspective about Upland changes. I have seen new things - people running & walking, new houses being built, old houses falling in, Ale 8 delivery trucks, beautiful flower gardens, ball diamonds, kids waiting to get picked up from school, men walking in to get their hair cut... I have also heard new things - childrens laughter, very loud music, extremely quiet houses, pool balls clanking, soccer balls being kicked, lawn movers, sprinklers, ice cream trucks, ...

Prayer walking changes not only the things I pray for, but it changes what I pray for.

Why not give it a try this week and see Upland from a new dimension - with new eyes and ears!


15For this people's heart has become calloused;
they hardly hear with their ears,
and they have closed their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts
and turn, and I would heal them.'16But blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear. 17For I tell you the truth, many prophets and righteous men longed to see what you see but did not see it, and to hear what you hear but did not hear it.
Matthew 13:15-17

No comments:

Post a Comment