Monday, January 18, 2010

Asking questions?


Ever had one of those days where every time you turn around you read or hear the same lesson? I'm living in that place right now!

I bought a book for my brothers birthday, but before I could give it to him I had to look through it, then I had to read it. That's when the challenge began.

The book, Walking with God by John Eldridge was an amazing reminder of who I am, what I believe, and more importantly
what I need to be doing in my walk with God. He talked of his encounters with the one who created him. He challenged me to ask God for direction in my life and then listen for His voice. I have done this and thought I was doing this. but obviously if this was such a challenge to me as I read the book, I am not doing this enough.

In Sunday morning's sermon, Rob spoke about the margins or lack of margins we should have in our lives with our time, relationships, jobs, free time, finances, etc... Granted it is something I don't have a handle on (I tend to be a workaholic!) but thought I was at least aware of what I am trying to achieve. BUT, one of his throw away comments was just for me. He asked if we asked God for permission before spending money.

There it was again, that challenge to ask questions. So guess what I am going to be doing this week! I am not brilliant, but I am a quick learner - I think I need to and will be asking the Lord for questions. We will see what He has for me to learn during this process. I will keep you in the loop. Oh yea, I will also be wrapping and giving my brother his birthday present!

No comments:

Post a Comment