Monday, January 11, 2010

Sad day.


It's been 18 months since my dad died. I miss him terribly. Some days are better than others. Today is a sad day. My uncle died today. I wasn't close to my uncle, but is was one more death. He was the fourth man in my family to die in the last 18 months and that just makes me sad.

We all know death is coming. But there is no way to prepare. It just happens. One minute a person is here and the next they are gone. You can't see their smile, hear their laughter, smell their skin, or get any more wise counsel. They are gone.

Today in the midst of my sadness, I cling to Jesus. He brings me hope. All is not wasted because I believe in life eternal - I will one day see my family again! I am still sad, but having hope makes all the difference at the end of the day.

"My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus' blood and righteousness, I dare not trust the sweetest frame, but wholly lean on Jesus name." The Solid Rock by Eward More

No comments:

Post a Comment