Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year


I love new beginnings - new babies, newly fallen snow, new clothes, newly frosted cupcakes. . .you get the picture. My favorite new thing by far is the beginning of a new year. The slate has been wiped clean and I get a chance to start over (even if not really - but to me I see it as that).
Every year I make spiritual resolutions. Some years I keep them better than others - my problem isn't usually in the keeping of them, my problem is dealing with disappointment when I realize my goals were too obtainable and should have set more (sick I know).
Well in response to a recent sermon I heard - maybe my goals are just that, my goals and not God's. So this year my goals will hopefully be His goals too. Here they are...
1. Read through the Bible in a year. Actually I will be reading through a new Bible (remember I like new!).
2. Read along with someone - Joni. This will be a new one for me - I am usually a lone wolf! If anyone else wants to commit with us - let me know. Hey, the more the people keeping me accountable the better!
3. Blog once a week. This is a little different for me. I love to journal, but I journal for me and no one reads it - so posting weekly thoughts on a blog will be more of a God goal than a Tammy goal.
4. Based on a take-away from a Bible Study (Beth Moore's Esther) I recently finished, I am compiling a self study of scripture based on her concept of "Turn It Around" (more details to follow).
So there they are - only time will tell how I will do this year , but I can rest assured that if I don't do too well I get a fresh new start on January 1, 2011!

"In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth." Genesis 1:1

No comments:

Post a Comment